Frequently Asked Questions

Am I covered outside my province of residence?

Yes. Your insurance policy covers you for 15 days in the US or anywhere else for vacations; 90 days in your home country or another country if you are following a training program (except in the US which is limited to 15 days). Refer to your insurance policy for all specific details.

My wife and children will be joining me in two months. May I insure them under my insurance policy?

Yes, you can. Financial Services can provide you an application form that you will need to fill out and sign. Then, return the form with the premium payment to Financial Services and we will forward an insurance card to each member of your family. Refer to your insurance policy for all specific details.

I have lost my insurance identification card. Can I obtain a new one? 

A $5 administrative fee applies to replace an insurance card. Submit a request along with the payment to the address listed in the 'Contact Us' section. We will be pleased to replace your card.

Am I covered for routine dental care or for a toothache?

No. The insurance plan is designed to cover emergency dental care due to an accidental blow to mouth only. Refer to your insurance policy for all specific details.

I would like to go and see a doctor. What do I have to do? 

Call Global Excel toll-free, and they will open a claim file with you and assist you in locating a clinic or doctor. It is important to call Global Excel each time you have a claim so they can answer any questions you have about your insurance coverage and provide you with support throughout your claim.

What should I do if I am feeling sick?

  1. Call 1-844-780-0732. Make sure to have your International Student Health Insurance certificate number with you.
  2. Explain your symptoms.
  3. Based on your symptoms, you may speak directly with a doctor who can:
  • Help you to manage your medical issue
  • Recommend treatment
  • Prescribe medication when appropriate
  • Refer you to an appropriate clinic or hospital that best suits your medical needs

Can you refer me to a doctor?

Yes, Global Excel will be glad to help you find a clinic or doctor. You can also refer to the list of Direct Billing Clinics to find clinics near the Fredericton and Saint John campuses.

What if it is in the middle of the night on Sunday and I need to see a doctor?

You can call Global Excel any time; they are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you in an emergency.

What should I bring when I consult a doctor or go to a clinic?

You should bring your insurance card (or temporary proof of coverage card) as well as a claim form.

When I go to the doctor’s office or an emergency room, do I have to pay the costs myself?

Global Excel can help arrange direct billing for you if you call prior to seeking medical care, and you can also visit the clinics listed on this website who have agreed to bill your insurance directly so you don’t have to pay costs yourself. If you do have to pay for services, such as a prescription, be sure to keep all your original receipts so you can submit them for reimbursement.

Can a pharmacy send bills directly to my insurance?

Unfortunately pharmacies generally do not accept direct billing. Keep your original receipts for any prescriptions you have to purchase, and submit a claim for reimbursement.

Do I need a claim form to submit my claim? Where can I find a copy of the claim form?

Yes, you do need to complete a claim form. You can find the form on our web site.

May I submit my claim by fax?

No, we accept original bills, receipts and claim forms only.